Diy Coconut Whip
- 1 can of full fat organic coconut milk ( refrigerate for 24 hours)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Refrigerate the coconut milk for about 24 hours for the cream to separate. Then open the can carefully. Scoop out the waxy layer of coconut cream off the top of the liquid.
- Using a mixer, beat for 3-5 minutes on high, or until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add in your sweetener, starting with about 2 tablespoons but feel free to add more until you like it.
- (optional) add 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Keep refrigerated, and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- The brand of coconut milk I use is a canned organic Thai coconut milk, which seems to work, and separate from the water well. I just got it at walmart, but the results may vary from brand to brand.
- Adding more powdered sugar can make it more dense instead of light.
- You can save the coconut water for smoothies, but don't add it in with the cream.
- Coconut whip makes a good fruit dip, or frosting for cupcakes as well.
|The cream separated from the water|